Beauty | Brand | Believe Expo

I am extremely excited to travel  to the Beauty|Brand|Believe Expo this weekend! It is the Premier Northwest Beauty Expo that focuses on helping state and national competitors improve their confidence, interview skills, and overall presentation. (You can read a little bit more about the event and the speakers here.)

I will be attending this event with my good friend and personal trainer for Miss USA, Quincy Alexander. Quincy and the Elite Training team were a HUGE part of my fitness journey in preparing for the national stage. We will be answering questions about workouts, diet, and the in’s and out’s of the new personal training app Fit for Pageants.

AND since swimsuit season is right around the corner I thought I would host a little online Q&A for all of my readers! Comment your diet/exercise questions and I will do a follow-up post to give you the dish of what I learned while preparing for THIS.

If you are interested in the Fit for Pageants App and Training program check out the website and you can use my code “MeganRae” at the checkout to receive 50% off your training program.

You May Also Like

8 comments

Two part question!
1) Due to your experience in pageants, you’ve prepared for a LOT of swimsuit competitions. What did you learn during your prep for Miss USA SS that radically changed your usual SS prep habits?

2) When preparing for Miss USA, you and the rest of the titleholders are prepping for 2 real days of extreme fitness, which means a lot of “relaxing” of discipline towards fitness after the pageant. How did you change your mindset from an extreme fitness focus, to everyday fitness without mashing your face into a gallon of ice cream, and what would your advice be for this year’s titleholders? (I lied, three part question!)

Thanks Sarah! I love your questions (Esp 2!) I will answer them in my next post!

I’ve got to ask this: in today’s “healthy” lifestyle that’s being promoted at these pageants, why are young girls getting dangerous breast implants to look curvier? Not to mention collagen lip injections, other implants on some, etc. Don’t you think this is completely against being healthy? I understand diet and training, but surgery to achieve these goals? Your opinion? Thx

Thank you for your question! I will include a response in my next post!

Hey Megan- I have followed you for quite some time. Im a former Miss Delaware and almost bride! Back in my pageant days I found all of the will power in the world to eat healthy and workout. Now my wedding is in 10 weeks and I find myself sneaking junk food for comfort (which I used to be so good at controlling). How do you fight the carb cravings and urge to break my healthy habits?!?! I want to be in the best shape of my life and sneaking fries is not helping.

Thank you for following and commenting!! I struggle with the cravings battle now that I don’t have the high pressure of the swimsuit competition to keep me on track! I will give you some tips of how I fight cravings in my Q&A post!

What is the most effective way to whittle hips and thighs? 😀

I will share with you some of my favorite exercises for hips and thighs in my next post! =) Thanks for commenting!