Happy Birthday to Me!
28 Pieces of Advice
I decided to write this post in honor of my 28th birthday today! Last year at this time, I was celebrating my birthday at the Miss Ohio USA orientation. It was a wonderful day celebrating with all the contestants but what I didn’t know is that it was also the beginning to a year filled with change and life lessons. I wanted to share what I have learned from those experiences. So I complied a list of 28 little pieces of advice everyone should know.
- Stop comparing yourself. Now.
- It’s ok to not know what path to take next.
- It is better to respond than to react.
- Happiness is a mindset, not a achievement or destination.
- Get up early, even though it really sucks at first.
- Speak your mind.
- Go outside of your comfort zone…often.
- Travel, it’s good for your soul.
- Never let fear get the best of you.
- Make time for friends and family.
- Remember classic is always better than trendy.
- Invest in yourself.
- Live and do things independently.
- Prayer is really powerful.
- Exercise everyday, even if it is just taking a walk.
- Read books that challenge your mindset.
- Write Thank-you notes.
- Follow what you are passionate about.
- Appreciate those who appreciate you.
- Always speak from your heart.
- Make a Bucket List.
- Call a friend to talk instead of text.
- No one is perfect, so don’t break your neck trying to be.
- Never stop making new friends.
- Learn to cook… at least a few things.
- Your are not defined by material things or achievements.
- You only grow from being uncomfortable.
- Say Yes to as many new experiences as you can, but also remember its ok to say no sometimes.
Thank you so much for reading my blog! Having your support makes my Birthday extra special!